At Beth Ezra the residents enjoy many varied activities. The list below is not exhaustive as new ideas are frequently being introduced and we suit activities to our current residents. You can view/download our latest Weekly Update Sheet for our current schedule.
- Musical concerts by local musicians are a particular feature at Beth Ezra.
- Music therapy Sessions
- Exercise Groups
- Gardening and enjoying the beautiful gardens at the home
- Walking and visiting local attractions, individually or in groups, accompanied if required.
- Shopping – alone or in groups with a Carer if necessary
- A visiting mobile clothes shop
- Cookery and taster sessions
- A fortnightly activities coordinator
- Visitors help with a variety of activities
- Mini library from Croydon Library Services
- Reminiscence groups
- Games (scrabble, dominoes, draughts etc.) Jigsaws
- Pet Therapy
- Flower Arranging
- Daily Bible Readings
- Sunday Morning Worship
- Residents are supported to visit their own place of worship
- Weekly Bible study
Residents are also encouraged to pursue individual hobbies and interests in their own rooms. We respect the wishes of residents who prefer to remain in their own rooms for reading, relaxing or watching television.
All staff are trained in activity work. Activities are communal, and each resident will be supported by staff should they wish to join in. Whilst residents may be encouraged to participate in appropriate activities there is never any pressure for them to do so.